1 cup Pumpkin (cooked, boiled and drained) gives you:
- Calcium – 37 mg Carbohydrate – 12 gm
- Dietary Fiber – 3 gm Folate – 21 mcg
- Iron – 1.4 mg Magnesium – 22 mg
- Niacin – 1 mg Potassium – 564 mg
- Protein – 2 grams Selenium – 0.50 mg
- Vitamin A – 2650 IU Vitamin C – 12 mg
- Vitamin E – 3 mg Zinc – 1 mg
- Calories – 49
1. Preheat oven to 425 degress. Peel half a small sugar pumpkin and cut into 1 inch chunks. Toss with 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1.2 tsp kosher salt, and 2 Tbsp honey. Roast on a baking sheet until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Ass 1/2 lb whole-grain pasta and cook according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2tsp minced garlic, and 2 minced anchovies (optional) in a skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts and roasted pumpkin. Toss to combine and heat through. Set aside.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup cooking water and stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley and 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese. Season with kosher salt and freashly ground pepper, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, and toss well with walnut and pumpkin mixture. Serve immediatly.